We’re passionate about taking
good care of our land, our animals, our team, and you.
We have been working the fields of our home soil more than four and a half decades. Frustrated from the lack of good quality beef in local restaurants, we realized that we could do something about it and, in the process, discovered the key to what could eventually change the entire industry.
In October of 2013, we decided to begin our beef production on a full time scale, and manage it in the same manner we handle our beef for our own personal consumption. The result is rich, buttery beef that's raised in a sustainable, eco-friendly process unique to the industry.
The choice to feature Black Hawk Angus Beef on your menu goes far beyond keeping up with modern culinary trends of "local," as discerning chefs and fine restaurants throughout the southeast seek to serve the finest beef available.
Our breeding process and diet control plan, combined with our rigid quality control standards, results in consistently superior marbling in the muscle tissue, yielding more high quality cuts per animal, and a taste that is simply unmatched. Black Hawk cattle are finished, slaughtered and processed a short distance away from their grazing fields, giving our customers the freshest meat possible.
What We've Achieved
- Locally-raised premium beef - pastured, finished and slaughtered locally
- Reduced carbon footprint without trucking cattle out west to commercial feed lots
- State-of-the-art Composting Barn for grain finishing
- Organic fertilizer that enriches the corn we grow
- Food-grade white corn to finish our beef
- Steady supply of grain for beef, and beef for customers
- Superior product distribution network in TN, KY, OH and IN through Creation Gardens
- Peace of mind in knowing we may not be doing things the cheapest way, but that we're doing things the right way